Nigerian Women Hair is curly and beautiful. For it to stay healthy and grow without split ends, dryness or breakage, there are certain things that we need to do. For this blog post, we will talk about Deep Conditioning.
Deep conditioning is basically applying a penetrating conditioner (thicker or creamy) in your hair for an amount of time to treat it and repair damaged hair or to add whatever is lost back into the hair. It penetrates the hair strands to do this. Deep conditioners need heat in order for them to penetrate into the hair, Dry heat, however, is not as effective as moist heat
HOW TO DEEP CONDITION YOUR HAIR
(Using Natures Gentle Natures Herbal blend Deep conditioner)
1. Wash the hair with Natures Gentle Touch Moisture Care Shampoo up until hair is clear of oil build-up and dirt.
- Dab hair dry with a towel. Notice I said dab as rubbing vigorously can break your hair.
- On your damp clean hair, apply the Natures Gentle Touch Herbal blend Deep Conditioner from your tips to the root. (Tips are the weakest and most vulnerable part of your hair)
- After coating the hair with the Natures Gentle Touch Herbal blend Deep Cholesterol, wear a shower cap or plastic cap then go under a steamer a heating cap for 10 to15 minutes.
- Rinse out well with cold water and towel dry wet hair, apply leave-in conditioner and moisturizer to seal up the hair cuticle and style.
DEEP CONDITIONING BEST PRACTICES
- Do them regularly but don’t overdo them. Once a week or two weeks depending on how your hair feels and what it needs.
- Don’t exceed the 15 minutes advised, don’t leave your deep conditioner in for too long.
- Added heat helps you spend less time deep conditioning.
- Deep condition from your roots to your ends.
DEEP CONDITIONING BENEFITS
- It restores and maintains strength of hair strand to better withstand stress elements from the environment and wrong hair care regimen without sustaining damage
- It keeps the hair healthy which encourages growth.
- It keeps the hair soft and strong.
- It adds body and life to hair.
- It protects the hair.
- It adds moisture and protein to the hair. Gives the hair balance.
- It prevents damage, breakage, dryness and split ends.
WHAT IS NATURAL HAIR?
Natural hair is hair whose texture has not been altered by chemical straighteners, including relaxers and texturizers.
CHALLENGES OF NATURAL HAIR
Difficult to manage.
Knots and tangles.
Does not retain moisture.
- Shampoo, Deep Condition and use Leave-in Treatment weekly.
- Use Spray lotion daily to eliminate dryness that leads to shedding.
- The Monoi Oil range is designed to clean, detangle hair, helps retain moisture, eliminate dryness of hair which leads to shedding and allows for easy manageability.
Monoi Oil Natural Hair Strengthening Shampoo detangles hair whilst leaving scalp and hair clean from buildups. Massage thoroughly to create rich lather. Rinse and towel dry wet hair. REPEAT WEEKLY.
Monoi Oil Natural Hair Conditioning Therapy, Instantly repairs damage caused by lack of moisture. It moisturizes hair to reduce shedding and tangles. Work from roots to the tip of hair, massage gently to ensure even distribution. Leave on hair for 10-15minutes (using
heating cap or steamer if desired).Rinse out thoroughly.
Monoi Oil Natural Hair Restore Serum hydrates, and locks in moisture leaving hair softer and Healthier instantly. 98% less breakage after a single use. Comb through for even distribution. Do Not RinseOut. Style hair as desired.
Monoil Oil Natural Hair Spray Lotion, for additional moisture and shine designed for the dull looking hair. For best result, spraying must be 15cm away from hair. Do Not Rinse Out. Style hair as desired.
If you twist your hair;
Monoi Oil Lock & Twist Gel for your protective styling in between shampoos. It is light weight and does not cake nor leave residue when dry. It locks moisture in, that leaves your hair feeling soft and silky therefore eliminates dryness. You can air dry or use a warm dryer.
Nigerian Women living in Nigeria require specific hair care solutions because of their unique hair conditions which is influenced by Nigerian weather, diet and hair texture. Natures Gentle Touch uses natural ingredients and knowledge sharing to provide these solutions to meet these special beauty needs of Nigerian Women.