Nigerian Women Hair is curly and beautiful. For it to stay healthy and grow without split ends, dryness or breakage, there are certain things that we need to do. For this blog post, we will talk about Deep Conditioning.
Deep conditioning is basically applying a penetrating conditioner (thicker or creamy) in your hair for an amount of time to treat it and repair damaged hair or to add whatever is lost back into the hair. It penetrates the hair strands to do this. Deep conditioners need heat in order for them to penetrate into the hair, Dry heat, however, is not as effective as moist heat
HOW TO DEEP CONDITION YOUR HAIR
(Using Natures Gentle Natures Herbal blend Deep conditioner)
1. Wash the hair with Natures Gentle Touch Moisture Care Shampoo up until hair is clear of oil build-up and dirt.
- Dab hair dry with a towel. Notice I said dab as rubbing vigorously can break your hair.
- On your damp clean hair, apply the Natures Gentle Touch Herbal blend Deep Conditioner from your tips to the root. (Tips are the weakest and most vulnerable part of your hair)
- After coating the hair with the Natures Gentle Touch Herbal blend Deep Cholesterol, wear a shower cap or plastic cap then go under a steamer a heating cap for 10 to15 minutes.
- Rinse out well with cold water and towel dry wet hair, apply leave-in conditioner and moisturizer to seal up the hair cuticle and style.
DEEP CONDITIONING BEST PRACTICES
- Do them regularly but don’t overdo them. Once a week or two weeks depending on how your hair feels and what it needs.
- Don’t exceed the 15 minutes advised, don’t leave your deep conditioner in for too long.
- Added heat helps you spend less time deep conditioning.
- Deep condition from your roots to your ends.
DEEP CONDITIONING BENEFITS
- It restores and maintains strength of hair strand to better withstand stress elements from the environment and wrong hair care regimen without sustaining damage
- It keeps the hair healthy which encourages growth.
- It keeps the hair soft and strong.
- It adds body and life to hair.
- It protects the hair.
- It adds moisture and protein to the hair. Gives the hair balance.
- It prevents damage, breakage, dryness and split ends.