Just when men think that they have gotten the most knowledge of women, women somehow always come up with new ways to surprise them and leave them astonished. As awesome and relevant as women are to life and mankind, there are some fun facts we have discovered about them and would love to share with you- just for fun.
1. It is believed that the word ‘woman’ was derived from ‘wyfman’ which means the wife of man. The word ‘wyfman’ is a Middle English term which was used to describe women and ‘man’ was used to describe a person. So next time you hear the word woman, say a quick thank you to us for letting you know where the name was gotten from.
2. ‘Maiden’, ‘Mother’ and ‘Crone’ were all terms that were used to describe women at different stages of life. A young girl who was not married was referred to as maiden, a woman with children still in her child-bearing age was referred to as mother and a post past menopause was referred to as crone.
3. As absurd as it sounds and as hard as it is to believe, women are usually excited by the smell of a newborn baby. This excitement can be likened to an addict’s excitement for drugs and the excitement men have at the mention of football or machines. Now, you know why women are quick to say “Oh, my ovaries” whenever they see babies whether in pictures or in real life.
4. Now this one is going to sound very weird, but in the 1600s men used to wear high heels and were the first to wear them. Women only started wearing them in a bid to look more masculine. Today, all over the world, high heels are associated with only women and seeing a man wearing high heels would only make one raise eyebrows.
5. As a woman, it’s best if you do not snore while pregnant. Why? Studies have shown that pregnant women who snore are very likely to give birth to small babies. So when you see a woman with a small baby, you’ll have a possible reason why the baby is small.
6. Have you noticed that men suffer from heart attacks more than women? Want to know why? It is because women have more chances of suffering from indigestion, nausea and shoulder aches more than men. While men are more prone to heart attacks, women are prone to indigestion, nausea and shoulder aches.
7. This one doesn’t need even any scientific proof as it is very obvious and is not even debatable- Women cry more than men. On average, men cry between 6 and 17 times a year, while women cry between 30 and 64 times a year. We wonder why men find it difficult to cry.
8. According to studies, women speak more than men. Women speak about 20,000 words a day which is even 13,000 words more than the average man. What activity do you think gives women the avenue to speak more words than men?
We bet you found most of these facts on women interesting and funny. However, there are still some facts we have probably failed to mention above. Kindly do well to point them out in the comment section for other readers to see and react.